The Visual Arts Program provides students in each grade level with unique learning experiences in creativity, self-expression, and appreciation of art history and world cultures.
Art at the elementary school level initiates, develops, and encourages:
- Individual expression
- Students' aesthetic awareness
- Learning to "see" as an artist and become a visual learner
- Knowledge and use of various media
- An introduction of significant artists throughout art history
- An introduction of different genres and movements throughout art history
- An introduction to an artist's glossary of terms
- An integrated curriculum through the visual arts
The emphasis in art classes is on student experience through multiple mediums including technology based art and photography. Students familiarize themselves with various mediums, technical skills, subjects, artists, and genres.