Health & Wellness
Welcome to Reverend Brown School. In an effort to keep all of our students safe and healthy we ask that you be aware of the following:
- REVEREND BROWN SCHOOL IS A NUT FREE SCHOOL. Please check labels and do not send products that contain nuts.
- All absences need to be reported to the nurse via the absentee line 973-729-6125 option 1 for Reverend Brown and then press 1 again. Please leave a short message with your child’s name, grade and reason for the absence. If you are unable to call please send an email directly to the nurse. The email address can be found on our website.
- A note from your physician is required for the following reasons:
- Any student absent for 3 or more consecutive days.
- Any student with a head injury or suspected concussion.
- Any student with a fracture or suspected fracture.
- Any student with ANY type of rash.
- Any student with suspected pink eye.
- Any student that has been seen in the Emergency Room.
ALL Doctor’s notes must have a diagnosis on them!
Please keep your child home from school for the following:
- FEVER -Students must be fever free (below 100 degrees) for 24 hours without medication before they return to school.
- VOMITING OR DIARRHEA -Students must stay home for 24 hours after vomiting/diarrhea stops.
- CONJUNCTIVITIS (Pink Eye) -Students may return 24 hours after the first dose of medication.
- RASH - Skin rashes of any kind.
- BAD COUGHS
- If you do not feel your child is well enough to make it through the school day, Please keep them home! Please do not tell them to go to the nurse and you will pick them up. Not only does this disrupt class, it unnecessarily spreads illness.
Please do not give students Tylenol or Motrin prior to school as it masks a fever.
- Allergy Action Plan
- Asthma Action Plan
- Enhanced Exclusion list
- Heads Up Concussion Fact Sheet
- Health History Update
- Media Violence and Youth
- Opioid Fact Sheet
- Physical Forms PreK-4
- Seizure Action Plan
- Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Athletes
- Sports Related Eye Injuries
- Sports-Related Concussion and Head Injury Fact Sheet